About Me

My photo
My name is Liah, I am currently a first year under graduate at the University of the West of England studying Ba Hons Fine Art. I really enjoy my course, and work through different media to explore concepts which I am interested in.

Wednesday 18 May 2011

summer project!

Source point: experimenting with ideas created from my 1st year investigation.




controversial ideas for another piece of furniture, a matress. something that is meant to represent a place of rest and comfort, could be percieved different if this were applied.





expressing seduction and what it is to be a woman in 40-50's decades-to be continued.






a vintage poster i found advertising matresses!


photocopies of photographs taken to apply onto fabric







The old sofa bleached in places to achieve a run down, vintage affect.





Here the photographs expressing feminist stereotypes in the late 1940's to the early 1950's, are transfered onto vintage patterned fabric. the patches will then be sewn onto a thicker bleached fabric (vanilla yellow) and the the whoe patch will be sewn onto the vibrant and crazy looking bleached patterned sofa!






 the above: creating a beautiful lounge setting with odd bits of furniture and transforming the pieces into controversial and vintage querky items of furniture!

No comments:

Post a Comment