About Me

My photo
My name is Liah, I am currently a first year under graduate at the University of the West of England studying Ba Hons Fine Art. I really enjoy my course, and work through different media to explore concepts which I am interested in.

Thursday 28 April 2011

exhibitons exhibited on the 26/04/2011


I am a very big fan of Susan Hiller's work, for my course I am writing a review on her exhibiton at the Tate Britain.  This was the third time i'd been to see it, and each time it becomes even more captivating. Unfortunately I was not allowed to take any photograph's, even for my review, so i had to make do with postcards!












Brief description of artist -"Hiller juxtaposes knowledge dervied for anthropology, psychoanalysis and other scientific disciplines with materials generally considered unimportant, like postcards, wallpaper, popular movies and internet postings, balancing the familiar and the unexplained and inviting the viewer to particiapte in the creation of meaning. She collects and uses images, objects and sounds to create new contexts, incorporating traces of memory, personal associations and allusions to her earlier work. Her practice often oncorporates subconcious processes, including dreaming, reverie, automatic writing and improvised vocalisations. Privileging the repressed, forgotten or unknown, Hiller confers status on what lies beyond rationality or recognition."

No comments:

Post a Comment